"Retro Repair" key electronics skills?

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:53:02 CDT 2016

On Tue, 10 May 2016, Mouse wrote:
> While it's an understandable point of view, especially for a coder, not
> all ICs are digital logic - and even for those that are, understanding
> non-digital-logic aspects of them can be useful.

Right now I've started looking at the textbooks & lessons here:

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/

Volume IV is about digital. However, I'm finding quite a few topics in the
previous books are things I'm not strong in, either. I get the feeling one
needs to have quite mastered analog before moving to digital. So, I
completely believe you.

> (I built an EPROM reader out of SSI TTL, and found it always read the
> last octet as FF even in cases where I knew better.

Once I brush up on theory a bit, I'll have to find me a project like that.

-Swift