CDC 9429 Floppy maintenance manual

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun May 8 15:09:06 CDT 2016

On Sun, 8 May 2016, Seth Morabito wrote:
> Ahhh... of course, I should have thought of that.
> I am even more cautious about using the 9428 manual for 9429
> service, then.

Actually, many lines of drives, such as the Tandon TM100 have the same
circuitry for both the 48tpi and 96tpi variants. (and the TM100-4M at
100tpi)

A specific exception, that I don't think is relevant here, is that a 1.2M
drive will have a few circuitry changes V a 48tpi/"360K" model, such as
RWC (reduced write current), and sometimes a 300RPM V 360RPM control.

But, a "360K" (CDC 9428) V "720K" (CDC 9429) are likely to be virtually
identical other than step distance and head width.