AlphaStation 200 NVRAM Problem

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Fri May 6 19:09:31 CDT 2016

On Sat, 7 May 2016, Robert Jarratt wrote:

> I have been setting up a MAX232CPE to try to get serial output from the
> serial diagnostic port. Trouble is I am not sure which signal is the
> data signal. The one that is marked SROMCDAT in the technical manual
> does not appear to do anything when I look at it with the scope. Anyone
> know which is the right signal to monitor?

 That pin is the Rx side or data input, so obviously you won't see
anything interesting there.  The Tx side or data output is on BSROMCLK.
I'll send you a document page with conceptual schematics of the host side
of the circuit; off the list as attachments are not allowed here I believe
no matter how small.

  Maciej