PDP-11/05 microcode dump?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri May 6 12:18:48 CDT 2016

    > From: William Degnan

    >> I would need a dump of .. at least A04A2 / E102 on the Control board.

    > Can you clarify?   Is this a typo?

No, there are two different major versions of the M7261 Control board; see

  http://gunkies.org/wiki/PDP-11/05#CPU_board_versions

A04A2 is inded E102 on the later major version of the board; on the earlier
version (prints for that version are in the GT40 prints online, pg. 162 and
on) A04A2 is E92.

Speaking of the two major versions, though, I wonder if the ucode in the two
versions is identical? The uROM chip numbers should give it, (if they are the
same on both versions, albeit in different locations on the board), but I have
yet to check. Does anyone happen to know?

	Noel