Pics of a FASTRAND and other fun things.

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Fri May 6 08:50:39 CDT 2016

Hi

I follow a facebook group of Swedes mainly interrested in micros of the
80:ies. While that is fun in it's own right I recently decided to ask
what "heavy iron", if any, the members might possess.

I was pleasantly surprised of what surfaced. I though that some of you
might also enjoy this, so here is the pick of the litter (reproduced
with permission).

A GE/PAC 4060 Drum memory, from person A:

http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/ge_pac_4060_drum_1.jpg
http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/ge_pac_4060_drum_2.jpg

Univac artefacts, from person B:

http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/FASTRAND_III.jpg
http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/FASTRAND_III_2.jpg
http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/FASTRAND_III_3.jpg
http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/1701_memory.jpg
http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/saab_univac_poster.jpg

The following is the teletype that I believe must come from a UNIVAC 418
or 1106 console desk. It looks like a model 28. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/teletypeXX.jpg
http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/418-II.jpg

DIAB racks from person C, probably only interesting for Swedish unix
buffs. DIAB machines are somewhat uncommon and the rack versions even
more so.

http://www.update.uu.se/~pontus/slask/fb_comphist/diab_racks.jpg

Have a nice weekend,
Pontus.