FidoNet ....show [was: History [was Re: strangest systems I've sent email...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Sun May 1 02:32:21 CDT 2016

fido news when he became editor and they are lamenting the  Internet
taking away  from fido net....

https://gopherproxy.meulie.net/gopher.meulie.net/0/fidonews/2002/fido1902.nw

In a message dated 4/30/2016 7:43:59 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
geneb at deltasoft.com writes:

On Sun,  1 May 2016, Tomasz Rola wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:07:34AM  -0700, geneb wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Sean Conner  wrote:
>>
> [...]
>>> Just look into the political  machinations of what was known as FidoNet
>>> see how this  could end up.
>>>
>> What IS known as FidoNet (1:138/142  here. :) ) and it's still a
>> political shit-show, mostly due to  people from Zone 2. *sigh*
>
> Pardon my ignorant question but is  there a place on the net where I
> could read some more about it? Or  maybe it is short enough to explain
> here?

Books could be  written about it unfortunately,  One of the more annoying
aspects is  Bjorn Felten, the current editor of FidoNews - he's refused
repeated  requests to pass on his editor duties for various reasons and
he's refused  - for at least the last 10 years.  Find a telnetable BBS
that's a  member of FidoNet and start reading the FidoNews echo for a taste
of the  insanity.  The Fido Sysop (FNSYSOP) is also a pretty deranged
place.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C  80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its  kind.

A  Multi-Value database for the masses, not the  classes.
http://scarlet.deltasoft.com - Get it  _today_!