Here's what happens when an 18 year old buys a mainframe...

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:51:19 CDT 2016

> Somebody mentioned a house with a collapsed floor.  A friend of mine bought
> two 770/145s and a GE/Intersil memory box.  (I bought the other memory box,
> in 1979 or so, a **MEG** of memory was a big deal!)

I assume you mean 370/145s/ Whatever happened to them? In 1979, they
would have been still usable machines.

While Connor's mainframe move is very impressive -try removing
something from a derelict ship. There is a certain beauty seeing an
800 pound box doing a slow ballet in three dimension using chain
hoists.

Did anyone here watch the original livestream, anyway? The idea was to
try install Minecraft on the thing. Not enough horsepower! That, or
shitty Mojang code.

--
Will