Here's what happens when an 18 year old buys a mainframe...

Matt Patoray mspproductions at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 19:09:30 CDT 2016

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 7:28 PM, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Evan wrote...
>> Connor is a member of our user group here in the Mid-Atlantic. He's
>> been learning at an astonishingly quick rate!
>
> He's been a member on this list for quite some time, and is a regular on the evening crew of the #classiccmp irc channel as well.
>
> He was working on a DG Nova 3 before the Z machine arrived, hope he gets back to it as well :)

I got to see that DG just after he picked it up in Akron. He stopped by the Large Scale Systems Museum in New Kensington PA and we gave it a look over and also discussed the docs he got with it and what to tackle first.

Now if only it had come with some of those cool blue/green DG terminals :)

I still remover the day he sat down in front of the HP 2116B, he had never touched a blinking light front panel, he asked if Dave or I minded if he erased the program in memory, we said no, he powered it on and 2 min later was reading the programming docs for it and wrote a quick blinking lights program in like 15 min.

Connor is a good guy!