AT&T Uverse IPv6 vs. Mac OS X 10.(old)

Robert Johnson aloha at blastpuppy.com
Mon Mar 28 13:35:30 CDT 2016

> On Mar 28, 2016, at 7:32 AM, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> From: Jerry Weiss
>
>> Disabling IPV6 was the cure.
>
> I was _extremely_ amused to hear that.
>
> (Backstory: I'm a long-time detractor of IPv6 - I've always thought it's a
> rolling ball of digestive byproduct, to be blunt. In fact, if I had still
> been on the IESG when it came around, I'd have canned it. Unfortunately, I'd
> resigned a while before [for unrelated reasons], something that in hindsight
> I've greatly regretted, since it removed my ability to can IPv6. So to hear
> that IPv6 is _still_, all these years later, not that crucial to useful
> functionality, is very satisfactory to me - it says my assessment was right
> on the nose. Long may IPv6 fail to be successful! The single biggest/most
> expensive IT failure of all time?)
>
> 	Noel

So, I’m curious what your objections to v6 are (I know there are some very good technical objections, because v6 is unlike v4 enough to be a breaking change from a programatic point of view) - or rather, how would you solve the shortage of IP addresses?

Robert Johnson
Gtalk/Jabber:aloha at blastpuppy.com
AIM:AlohaWulf
Yahoo:AlohaWulf
Skype:AlohaWolf
Telephone:+1-562-286-4255
C*NET: 18219881
Email:aloha at blastpuppy.com
Email:alohawolf at gmail.com
--
"Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of "crackpot" than the stigma of conformity."

- Thomas J. Watson Sr.