Resistor/Fuse replacement (DEC H7104-D)

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 22:40:55 CDT 2016

On 3/21/16 12:53 PM, Adrian Graham wrote:
> On 18/03/2016 02:11, "Josh Dersch" <derschjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Onecall are education-only suppliers but the same part numbers work with
>>> Farnell/Element14. Part# is 1692450.
>>>
>> Thanks!  Yes, that looks very similar except mine has a tolerance rating
>> of 10%.  Vincent helpfully pointed me at:
>>
>> http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tt-electronics-irc/SPP2UL1R00JLF/989-
>> 1272-1-ND/4215463
>>
>> which look like they should do the job, and I ordered a handful just in
>> case I ever need a few more.
> Good news - mine worked so fingers crossed for yours too. I now have a
> functioning PSU again though I've not tried it back in the chassis yet...

Nice!  My replacements arrived today and unfortunately I did not have
such good luck.  No smoke or fire, but now I get nothing at all out of
the supply.  The whine is gone, but there's nothing output at all.  The
fuse/resistor didn't blow (it's still got continuity across it) and the
transistor I replaced is still fine, but there must be something else in
the supply that's causing issues...

Blargh.  I hate working on power supplies.

- Josh