PDP-11/05-NC with M9301?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:02:19 CDT 2016

> I took a look at my 11/40, it has a 9312 in pos 1/2 in the middle of the
> 2nd/rear of two backplanes here:
> http://vintagecomputer.net/digital/PDP11-40/NPG.JPG
>
> With this arrangement I can boot into the console monitor installed on the
> 9312.
> http://vintagecomputer.net/digital/PDP11-40/Console_test.JPG

This means that you not have the terminator in the last slot of the bus,
right? Since your bus is so short it won't probably matter.

I have now beeped my way through all signals of the AB slots of the
11/05-NC backplane. Slots 2-9 has "Standard Unibus Pin Assignments" No MUD
slots anywhere.

Then I rechecked the M9301 and M9312 schematics. There are no signals used
on those that would conflict with the "Standard Unibus Pin Assignments". I
will also check the boards physically to see if there is a difference in
signals that are used. Then unless someone tell me "it won't work, I have
tried setting a M9301 in a standard unibus slot" I will go ahead and try
it. After all this is how my PDP-11/05-S was configured when it arrived.

 /Mattis