OT: lenses (Was: Front Panels - PDP8 and PDP 11

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Mar 10 18:11:23 CST 2016

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Zane Healy wrote:
> Okay, you’ve actually lost me on these.  What is a D-mount?

C-Mount is the standard mount for 16mm movie, and then for TV cameras.
D-mount is the standard mount for 8mm movie.  About half the size as C.

The Minox-Leica M3 is a tiny pocket digital that only resembles the
appearance of a Leica M3.  But, if they were to make a digital IIIf, they
could have a functioning screw-mount, with interchangebale lenses.  And
take back their bragging rights from Pentax.

BTW, Leitz made a C-mount 25mm lens version of the "Hektor-Rapid"

"Super-8" hardly ever supported any interchangeable lenses.
Well, one of the models of Leicina used Leica M-mount!  There was a lens
made for that camera; when used on a regular M, it only covers a tiny spot
of the frame.