Speaking of card cages...

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Mar 9 23:46:50 CST 2016

On 3/9/2016 3:16 PM, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
> From: Marc Howard: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 11:51 AM
>> Has anyone ever reproduced the card guides used in the 8/A chassis?  I
>> assume these are identical to those used in PDP-11s as well.  My are
>> beyond
>> brittle.
>
> I have 3D printed the ones here:
> http://www.so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/cad/3d.php
> http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/3D/CardGuide/8AGuide.jpg
Those are different than the ones I have in my cage.  Marc, do you have
ones like mine, or Vince's?  Again I've not seen the ones in the 600
chassis, so don't know if they are what Vince printed or not.

These are more like the ones that were used in most of the Microdata
1600 card cages.  They used one piece ones like this, and ones with two
slotted guides / slot as well in those.

As I said in my reply the ones in the 400 card cage are the ones which
have the round blisters with two strips composing all the card guides on
each side, rather than one / slot.

thanks
Jim