Speaking of card cages...

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Wed Mar 9 17:16:20 CST 2016

From: Marc Howard: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 11:51 AM
> Has anyone ever reproduced the card guides used in the 8/A chassis?  I
> assume these are identical to those used in PDP-11s as well.  My are beyond
> brittle.

I have 3D printed the ones here:
http://www.so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/cad/3d.php
http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/3D/CardGuide/8AGuide.jpg
with some success.

They are still fragile things, even when new.  The hardest part is the
springy bits that clip into the card cage.  They can be not springy
enough, or they're too hard and snap off instead of compressing.
(I've also snapped the spine off the guide trying to compress them.)

Still, with the right plastic and the right print, they seem to work at
least as well as the aged originals did.

    Vince