Tweaked card cage

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 05:31:46 CST 2016

> Anyone have any idea on how they handled this?  I'm thinking of using
> some blocking and then a 36 or 48" pipe clamp to apply diagonal
> persuasion to get it back in true.

In general screw-type mechanisms are good for providing controllable force
for jobs like this. I've used a screw-operated (not hydraulic) car jack to straighten
things in the past.

I assume you've tried using hand pressure (perhaps with a couple of friends
helping you). These boxes are not as strong as they seem sometimes. They
were designed to be installed in the rack cabinet which provides extra
support.

-tony