MEM11A questions

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Mar 7 13:16:31 CST 2016

Hi,

Over the weekend I was looking through some old CAD files and came across my
original design for the MEM11A.  It was an SPC board that contained only 128KW
of FRAM.

I’m wondering if there’s any interest in that board.  I do have to iterate on the design
a bit but I should be able to get something ready sooner than with my current board
design (plus I know it will fit in an SPC form factor because I’ve already done it).

What I’d like to know from folks is if there’s interest in that design?  Would there still
be interest in what I’m now calling UMF11 (Unibus Multi-Function)?

I won’t have pricing (on either) until I build (and debug) a couple of prototypes because
I need to know what the assembly costs would be (no I won’t be offering kits).

To also answer the other question, no I haven’t run into any issues with the UMF11,
I just came across this long forgotten design and wanted to know if there’s any
interest in it as I can probably get it into “production” sooner than the UMF11.

Thanks.

TTFN - Guy