jrIDE sidecars: Interested in another chance?

Michael Brutman mbbrutman at brutman.com
Sat Mar 5 13:31:46 CST 2016

Short story: We are thinking of producing another set of 25 and want to
know how much interest there is out there.  If you are interested in
purchasing one please email me.

---

What is it? An IDE interface, clock/calendar, and a memory expansion
sidecar for the PCjr.  The BIOS extension allows booting from recent
IDE/PATA hard drives that support LBA addressing mode.  (Compact Flash with
an adapter or Disk On Modules also work.)  The memory expansion brings the
machine from 128KB to 736KB.

The last time we did this the price was around $75 for the kit of parts;
you have to supply your own sidecar shell.

See http://www.brutman.com/jrIDE/jrIDE.html for more details.

Mike