Usenet News Servers

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Sat Mar 5 09:39:54 CST 2016

On 3/5/2016 7:27 AM, Mouse wrote:
>>> What news servers do people round here recommend?
>> http://www.eternal-september.org/
> Am I the only one who finds it amusing (in a dark-humour kind of sense)
> that someone asked after news servers and got pointed to a web server?
Not really.  The instructions for setting up NNTP access are posted
there.  Used to be that there were emails sent out, or ftp sites with
something similar to web pages that had such before the web page invention.

I don't know that TWC my current provider had a News server since I
moved to them.  Cox Cable killed off Usenet before 2003.  Prior to that
it had been outsourced.