Looking for a 2W 1 ohm fusible resistor

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:27:54 CST 2016

Have you looked at the various flameproof resistor offerings? Flameproof
types are frequently used as a fusible element - it's by virtue of the fact
that they abruptly go open-circuit under overload, that they fail to reach
smoke / ignition temperature.

Check some datsheets and see what kind of specs they publish for that
service.. might be an ideal way to go.