Pdp-10 emulation

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Wed Mar 2 15:50:31 CST 2016

From: Robert Jarratt
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2016 1:02 PM

Specifically, you want the following tapes:

BB-D867E-BM  TOPS-20 V4.1 2020 INSTL
BB-D868E-BM  T-20 V4.1 2020 DIST 1/2
BB-V895A-BM  T-20 V4.1 2020 DIST 2/2

You also want to pick up the Software Installation Guide from
Bitsavers.org.  It's the only file in the following directory:

	http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp10/TOPS-20/V4.1_Feb83/

If you want real EMACS and the associated TECO, that's also available at
Trailing Edge.

Do not accept shortcuts.  Read the manual, then worry about attaching
the tape images to SimH.

TOPS-20 v4.1 is the last to run on the KS-10 (which is the only member
of the PDP-10 family that SimH emulates), so don't bother with any later
versions.

NB: You can also get Tops-10, but it's not nearly as much fun as
TOPS-20.  ITS used to be more readily available, but it's hard to get
hold of these days and you really need to know how the architecture
works before diving into it.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/