Free Sinclair QL emulator

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:15:07 CST 2016

While experimenting with Sinclair emulators on Ubuntu last night, I
made 2 discoveries which might interest folk here.

First, the author of perhaps the premium Sinclair QL emulator for
Windows, QPC, has made it unrestricted freeware. The news is from
mid-2014 but I'd missed it. Both QPC1 and QPC2 are now available free
of charge. I found this news via Dilwyn Jones' site, here:

http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/emu/

This is the direct download & info site for QPC:

http://www.kilgus.net/qpc/index.html

They come bundled with SMSQ/e, the final-generation QL OS, derived
from QDOS, complete with bootable hard disk images.

The second discovery was that QPC2 for Windows installs and runs
flawlessly under WINE on 64-bit Ubuntu. :-)