old friend is slimming down the warehouse

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:30:48 CDT 2016

On Fri, 24 Jun 2016, Jay West wrote:
> [...] besides filling about 1/2 the box with foam peanuts. One could not
> imagine a 264X could look like it was put in a blender, but this one
> literally poured out of the box. *sigh*

It's amazing how much stuff UPS had managed to destroy "for" me, also.
It's like them drop the boxes off a crane or something.

 I wish one of these shippers would develop a glass-coke-bottle style
business model. You ask for a secure container and they can either be
delivered for $$$ or you can pick them up. The containers should be made
from real materials (wood or something strong with nice foam suspension or
padding with FRAGILE printed all over them). When a buyer decides they
want this service, they pay a small deposit fee which is refunded when
they put the empty container out by the street for the shipper to pick up
the next day. Then they refund your deposit.

I'd definitely pay extra for that for many delicate items. Maybe someone
already does that sort of thing but it's just not the kind of thing I've
ever heard of from OOOPS, Federal Compress, or USPS.

Sure you can pay extra to insure your items, but what if they were super
hard to get?

-Swift