CDC 6600 - Why so awesome?

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Jun 23 13:13:30 CDT 2016

From: Swift Griggs
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:46 PM

>On Wed, 22 Jun 2016, Rich Alderson wrote:

>> We have [a DD60] running at LCM, attached to an instance of dtCyber, the
>> 6000/Cyber simulator, via John Zabolitzky's Xilinx-based display adapter.
>> We're in the process of refurbing the one that came with the 6500, which
>> we may attach to the system at some point.

> Is that "Living Computer Museum" ? You are in Seattle, right? I'll stop by
> for sure if I'm in the area. I'm in Denver.

That's correct.  We're building out the first floor of the building right
now (open during construction), for a grand reopening in early November.
The new exhibit space will take us beyond vintage systems to the important
work being done by their descendants.

A pointer to the web site is in my .sig, of course.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/