Data General 8000-series logic in my Nova 3?!

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Wed Jun 22 10:27:33 CDT 2016

> On Jun 22, 2016, at 08:07, Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> From: Mark J. Blair
>
>> An interface card schematic has appeared in my inbox as if by magic.
>
> If that allows you to create a list of what various 8000-series chips do (or
> if you've since located one), that would be a good thing to have available
> online. If you have (or create) one, we can stick it on the Computer History
> wiki...

That sounds like a great idea! I should be able to at least identify the functions of the specific chips used on that card.

Additional documentation is flowing in behind the schematic courtesy of that little birdie who all of us DG collectors know and love, and it's putting me in a really fantastic mood this morning. I'm feeling so happy that I think I'll buy my dogs a cheeseburger at In-N-Out on the way home tonight to celebrate. Now I'm looking forward to working on this project some more this weekend, rather then dreading the tedium of reverse-engineering a design with black-box chips!

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/