Mystery HP 1000 board

Rik Bos hp-fix at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 16 03:53:44 CDT 2016

> Well what the heck, found it, we have one right here in the CHM collection!!! It's
> part of an HP 5451C Fourier Analysis system, and there are quite a few other bits
> needed besides the HP-1000 and its many weird cards! I think I saw them from
> the guy that I bought the HP 1000 from. I might go back.
> http://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/102692715
> A later revision of the 5451A system I had found below with the nice lady
> picture.
> Marc
>

> http://nevadabarry.com/electron.html#HP%20Test%20Equipment
>
>   HP 5443
>   05443-60047
>   05443-60042
>   05443-60031  MIOB Interface
>   05443-60050 Booster Microcode
>   05443-60057 C (13803F?)
>   05443-60071 A (22803F)
>
> NO Connection with the site/person/etc .. just passing it on
>
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> > I have one of those boards. You sent me an email about it and I
> > replied a week ago :)

The boards are also used in the HP 5420A/B Dynamic Signal Analysers and the HP 5423A Structural Dynamics Analyser.
The boards belong to the 5443 control unit which is actually a M-series processor with some add-ons like the booster board and a custom front panel/keyboard.
The analysers consists of three 19"boxes containing the 5441 Display unit, 5443 Control unit ant the 5441 AD-coverter and Digtal filter.
The boxes are connected through the MIOB  (Multiple Input Output Bus) a 16 bits bus used to communicate and control the various parts.
FYI the HP 5420 and 5423 were used to test parts of the space shuttle program.
Some other info of the units are on:
http://www.oneillassociates.com.au/~5420/HP5420.shtml
Some picture and a short video loading the operation software on:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hp-fix/albums/72157651930423960

-Rik