DL11 M7800

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jun 15 12:01:05 CDT 2016

    > From: William Degnan

    > Does anyone have a M7800 (DL11) set for 9600 b N71 or N81 jumper'd with
    > the default address for use as a serial terminal interface?

Yup. (And BTW the baud's not jumpers, it's the dials.)

    > I understand the other jumpers on the card, but the address and vector
    > jumpers confuse me.

Join the crew... :-)

The simple rule on the DL11 is that vector jumpers are the inverse of address
jumpers: for the vector, jumpers are 'in' for '1', and for the address, they
are 'in' for '0'.

    > I think for use as a simple serial terminal interface I need to jumper
    > "in" *A9, A7, A5, A4, A3* ... correct? Vector jumpers *V6, V7 "*in" .

You mean for the console, right? (All DL11's are 'simple serial terminal
interfaces' ;-).

The jumpers you give are for DL11 #1, address 776500, vector 300. For
777560/60 (standard for the console), you want A7/A3 and V4/V5 'in'.

	Noel