Quadra 660AV what's with the "PowerPC" label?

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:13:32 CDT 2016

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016, Brendan Shanks wrote:
> Where is the PowerPC label?

Right on the front of the PC. It's offset a bit over the front face near
the floppy drive. It looks just like the "PowerPC" logo on a 6100 or
something.

> Is it printed on the case underneath the floppy drive (like it is on the
> 6100), or a sticker put somewhere else?

Yep. It's silk-screened right there. It's not a sticker.

> Maybe the machine once had a PPC upgrade installed and the sticker was
> put on.

That's what I thought, too. Until I noticed it wasn't a sticker.

> My family had a Quadra 660AV bought in early ?94, it had a manual-inject
> floppy drive and caddy CD-ROM drive.

Oh oh oh, auto *inject* floppy, that makes sense. Yes, this one is the
same then, You inject the floppy and it just clicks down, there is no
motorized-action. However, there is when you *eject*. I think I probably
just misread the description.

-Swift