Quadra 660AV what's with the "PowerPC" label?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Jun 13 12:12:27 CDT 2016

On 6/13/16 9:43 AM, Brendan Shanks wrote:
>> I also wonder why this one is
>> called a "Quadra" when I know I used to have a 660AV that was a "Centris".

Quadra verisons of machines generally had a faster CPU, or had the non-LC version with FP.
Sadly, the Q800 was crippled because they wanted the 840AV to have a faster processor.
The Q800 board will work fine with a 40MHz 68040

There was an Apple PPC PDS upgrade for the 040 Quadras. If it was just a sticker on the front,
it probably had the upgrade.