EVOX RIFA X2 capacitors

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sun Jun 12 13:45:20 CDT 2016

> On Jun 12, 2016, at 1:38 PM, Adrian Graham <witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Got a couple of Apple ][s that were rescued from a steelworks outbuilding
> and as usual they have ASTEC power supplies with .1uF and .01uf RIFA
> look-at-me-and-I'll-explode caps in and I'm running out of spares.
>
> What's the current considered replacement for these? There seems to be a
> wide range available with even wider ranging prices from EVOX, VISHAY,
> MATSUSHITA, PANASONIC (ok, matsushita again), Iskra, KEMET etc.

Explode?  Those are ceramics caps, right?  Are these the line inlet filter caps, or later on?  For line inlet, you need line rated caps, which have quite high voltage ratings for good margin.  Apart from that, I would think they should all work.  I've used Panasonic caps before, but Matsushita, Vishay and Kemet are also names I know and would use.  I don't know Evox or Iskra.

	paul