Using the simh LGP-30 emulator

Oscar Vermeulen oscar.vermeulen at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 9 18:04:56 CDT 2016

Some time ago, there were two posts asking how to operate the simh LGP-30 emulator. It is not exactly obvious from the rudimentary manual, and it seems nobody had figured it out completely. I am slightly obsessed with this machine at the moment (it happens), so here is a how-to on operating the emulator and running the tape library of Christian Corti on it - in the hope it's of use to others looking for clues:

http://obsolescenceguaranteed.blogspot.ch/2016/06/using-simh-lgp-30-emulator.html

Corti's LGP-30 emulator, by the way, gives a much better feel for the machine. But simh source is available, which I needed because I'm making a replica hardware front panel for the machine.

Regards,

Oscar.