RXV21 and 11/94

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Tue Jun 7 18:09:00 CDT 2016

On 07/06/2016 21:58, Rod Smallwood wrote:

> Now then 11/83 - QBUS  so  an RXV21 to drive the RX02.
> But where to put it. Next to the RQDX3?  After it?  In front?

It won't make much difference.  Personally, I put it in front, but
that's largely force of habit, born out of the need to place any RQDX1
as the last item on the bus because of the way it (doesn't) pass grants.

In general, the recommended order on microPDP-11s is:
  memory
  Ethernet and/or synchronous comms, eg DEQNA, DPV11, DRV11
  printers, eg LPV11
  other serial comms, eg DLV11, DZV11, DHV11
  tapes, eg TK50, TK70
  disks, eg RLV11
  MSCP

--