PDP-11/94-E

Rod Smallwood rodsmallwood52 at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 2 12:16:38 CDT 2016

On 02/06/2016 18:02, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Rod Smallwood
>
>      > You could if you were able to get into ODT. I have yet to discover how
>      > you get there.
>
> What happens when you move the "Halt/Run/Restart" switch on the front console
> to "Halt"? (Note that the "Off/Enable/Secure/Standby" switch must be in the
> "Enable" position for the H/R/R switch to be active.) That should put the
> CPU in ODT.
>
> 	Noel
Indeed it does. I finally figured that one out last night
Needless to say all of the locations I examined came up filled with zeros.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
However I sat down this afternoon to try and work out whats going on to
stop any of

my unibus controllers being seen.

Here's what I came up with

1. The same processor KDJ11-E can be used in a Qbus or Unibus system.

2.  My monitor display does not work the same way as the manual shows.

3.  Although the monitor display says Unibus system.

      I suspect what I have is a CPU used in a Qbus system with a hacked
monitor and boot eprom.

      For whatever reason they managed to disable the unibus  I/O

      I think the monitor Unibus detection was never disabled because
the module never went in one.

     I know there is a V2 version of the Monitor

4.  I have what I believed is a working 11/83 in my computer room

5 . I'm going to try my processor in there and yes I know about PMI and
the backplane.

Does any of this mean anything to you?

Regards Rod