Apple & SGI keyboards (Re: NEC ProSpeed 386)

Zane Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 1 23:58:01 CDT 2016

> On Jun 1, 2016, at 4:15 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I think all Apple keyboards /up until/ the Extended II had
> keyswitches -- then they switched to cheaper ones, like most of the
> industry.

I believe so.  I’m typing this on my Extended II keyboard.  I bought it when I bought my PowerMac 8500/180 in January ’97.  When I purchased my G4/450 (the second sold in the area) the keyboard was such a joke, I immediately invested in an ADB-to-USB converter (as in the next day).  I now use it on my Mac Pro. :-)

I have to admit, I rather like the keyboard that came with my SGI O2.

Zane