Apple & SGI keyboards (Re: NEC ProSpeed 386)

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:57:42 CDT 2016

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016, Raymond Wiker wrote:
> The Apple //e, //c, //c+ and //GS all had mechanical and somewhat clicky
> keyboards (using various types of Alps keyswitches). I'm also pretty
> certain that the original Mac had a (very nice) clicky keyboard.

Cool. I didn't know about those early mechanical models. I didn't wake up
to macs until about the Mac II days. I did have a friend with a IIGS. I
remember playing the Bards' Tale series on there. So, I must have used it
before.

I was disappointed that they didn't take the IIGS further as a hardware
platform, but that's only because I loved my SNES (and yes, also my
Genesis). IIRC, the IIGS has the same processor as a SNES with a 16bit
bus, no? I like the design of the GS, too.

-Swift