Why classiccmp is awesome [was Re: QuietJet Plus (wide Carriage RS232/Centronics) (FPUIB) (Was: Found some stuff at the scrapyard]

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Jul 27 22:00:31 CDT 2016

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016, Adrian Stoness wrote:
> mean the leafs upside down :P

That takes quite a bit.
Many cars now, instead of leaf springs have coil springs, often in the
form of MacPherson struts and Chapman struts.

Fortunately, automotive springs rarely buckle like a model M keyboard
spring.  THAT click would be very serious.

It used to be, in some places and times, that police and even "revenuers"
would watch for cars with the rear end riding low.  That's the level of
"sag" that I was threatening.

I'm not going to get it together to take bulk quantities to VCF, but maybe
I can pull together a couple of boxes.
This printer
an Atlantic Research Corp Data Tek 9600 serial protocol lunchbox
and a few pounds of books

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com