Reproduction micros

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:50:34 CDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 6:25 AM, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 01:03:31PM -0600, ben wrote:
> [...]
>> I had hopes on the Amiga until they came out with the 2000*.
>> * Lets add a brain dead cpu and run DOS.
>
> The A2088 was an add-in option. Back in the day, only one of my A2000-owning
> friends had a bridgecard. I was given a demo, and it was rather clunky.

Clunky, yes, but it enabled government and some commercial sales back
in the day because of mandatory "DOS Compatible" purchasing
requirements.  There were some forms that literally had a checkbox for
"is this computer DOS compatible" on IT requisition forms, and if you
didn't/couldn't check that box, you would likely be turned down for
desktop hardware.

-ethan