Cray J932SE (was Re: Straight 8 up on Ebay just now)

ethan at 757.org ethan at 757.org
Tue Jul 19 14:22:23 CDT 2016

> I haven't been able to articulate anything witty, but I'll go ahead and
> just say: Ethan I don't know what you do with those BF-lasers, but it
> sounds damn awesome, anyway. Your stock just went up. It's hard to make
> lasers anything but sci-fi radical coolness.

Light show hobby. Inspired by the Def Leppard music video "Pour some sugar
on me."

Everything is from China and solid state now. There is a laser "con/fest"
of sorts and a small bit of vintage computing cross-over. Like any
technology I suppose it grew up along side of personal computing. Early
animation/graphics systems probably existed (low quantity) on S100 systems
then moved to things like the Commodore Amiga (Pangolin) and then IBM PC
(but using coprocessor cards and stuff.)

SELEM event in NC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S75y8-StKE

There are more videos on youtube but I just grabbed one I know.
Just another geekfest, and that's just one of a number of rooms.

--
Ethan O'Toole