Flex Disc options for the HP 9825

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:00:41 CDT 2016

On 2016-07-19 1:25 AM, Curious Marc wrote:
> Probably a question for Tony's encyclopedic knowledge. I just scored two HP 9825, one a later "T" option and one "B" version with all the fixings (i.e ROM packs). They both seem to work save the usual tape drive which I have not gotten to yet. Both have the flexible disc ROM. What kind of discs can I hook up? I think the HP 9895 8" floppy would work. What about the HP 82901 5.25" floppy drive? How do I read/write program files from the disc interface?
> Marc
>
> Sent from my iPad
There was only ever support for 8" diskette drives, and to support 9895
you need the second version of the Diskette ROM which appears to be very
rare.  I t sure would be nice if someone who has one of these ROMs would
dump the contents or loan it to someone who could dump it, so that we
might be able to clone the ROM module.

Paul.