DOS code in CP/M? Revisited...

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Jul 15 15:42:28 CDT 2016

> Also, cross-compilers are so f'ing wonderful for targeting old or
> embedded systems, nowadays too.  NetBSD's ability to cross compile
> binaries for completely alien systems is just awesome.

But it comes at a price.  NetBSD/vax, for example, has trouble
self-hosting, and nobody knows why, because it shows up only in native
builds.  Nobody knows whether there's a subtle bug in the
cross-compiler generating a broken native compiler, or there's a subtle
bug in the compiler that shows up only in native VAX builds, or what.
(Or at least that's what I've gathered from following port-vax at .)

If I were still following NetBSD I'd be taking a real VAX and trying to
figure out when things went south, doing all the builds native.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org