DOS code in CP/M? Revisited...

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:39:48 CDT 2016

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016, Liam Proven wrote:
> But in the now-gone PowerPC era, yes, Macs used a derivative of the IBM
> POWER RISC processor line.

I always thought it was a shame that both IBM and Apple were so tight
around the pucker strings and never were more comfortable sharing their
OS's back and forth. I would have welcomed running AIX on more than a a
mere handful of the PPCs that could do it. I would have also liked to have
seen MacOS 9.x and 10.0-10.4 (or whatever the PPC span was) available for
some bits of IBM hardware, and especially the IBM IntelliStation line of
POWER5 systems such as the Power 285 (but also RS/6000s with
framebuffers).

@#$@#ing business-weasels got in the way. Maybe if I was older and back in
the day I could have organized a joint children of IBMers vs children of
Apple bigwigs polo & tennis tournament at a shared country club, things
would have been different.

Of course then something like this might have happened:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/mar/10/tennis.france

-Swift