DEC boards at recycler

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 17:41:11 CDT 2016

On 7/13/2016 5:56 PM, Jules Richardson wrote:

> I found various DEC (Qbus?) boards at my local tame recycler earlier.
> They're scheduled for preprocessing this evening (e.g. ceramic ICs
> pulled and diverted into different pile due to higher gold content),
> but I may be able to get them a stay of execution (as of now I've got
> about 2 hours in which to let him know before I'm awol for a family
> event).
>
> Anything below strike anyone as being worth saving (vs. common as
> dirt serial interfaces etc.)? I'm not sure at the moment if I can
> rescue the lot...

M7957 <--     DZV11, 4 LINE ASYNC MUX
M8189 <--     PDP-11/23 CPU - Probably someone would want
M8192 <--     PDP-11/73 CPU - Probably someone would want
M8061 x 2 <-- RLV12 RL02 Interface
M8044 x 2 <-- 4K/32K MOS RAM
M8190 <--     PDP-11/83 CPU - Probably someone would want
M8043 x 2 <-- DLV11-J - 4 lines serial
M7961 <-- ????
M8067 x 2 <-- 128k/512k MOS Memory
M7856 <--     DL11-W RS-232 SLU & realtime clock option

> In addition to those, a board branded Dilog CQ1610, another marked
> PXX-2 with four SC44077P ics in the center, and a memory board marked
> 980110014 containing 128 mmc3764 RAM ics. Also several Emulex boards
> which didn't contain anything that was obviously a part number (from
> memory a couple that were "full width" and three that were "half
> width") - I'm guessing they're probably tape controllers, but they
> might be hard disk.
>
> Working status unknown, but cosmetically they looked good. It sounds
> like the previous owner had complete machines which he split and
> scrapped at some point in the past, and this box of boards had sat
> around in his garage since.
>
> cheers
>
> Jules

Dilog CQ1610 is a 16-linse serial card (I think)

Anything Emulex with a 50-pin connector on the top is probably a SCSI card. Worth saving.

I don't know where you are, but most of it is probably worth saving, someone, somewhere is probably looking for that stuff.  If it's working, that is.  Maybe even for repair parts.

John H. Reinhardt