IBM 360/30 in verilog

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 20:15:31 CDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 10:36 AM,  <steven at malikoff.com> wrote:
> Al said:
>> On 7/11/16 9:14 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
>>> The microcode was in the ALD drawings, and might even be in bitsavers archive, if they have the right manual.
>>
>> 360 CPU ALDs are extremely difficult to find.
>> If the 65 set could be scanned, I'd be happy to upload them to bitsavers.
>
> Indeed they must be. I've been looking for /40 ALDs for some time but haven't struck any. I wonder if they're
> scarce becase the 40 was a AFAIK a british-developed 360. My dad was posted to Hursley to learn the /40 in 64-65.
>
> The only Model 40 docs I have left are less than a dozen pages of 'IBM SYSTEM/360 MODEL 40 DEVELOPMENT MANUAL'
> from March 1965 from 'IBM BRITISH LABORATORIES'.
> Why do I have these? Dad used to bring home Model 40 binders in the late 60s so my brother and I had a good
> supply of paper to scribble and paint on as kids. All the pages I have left have drawings on the blank side
> and that was why my parents kept them :)
>
> Steve.

I have some 360 ALDs - and I think they may include 40. About to go on
holiday with kids; ping me from time to time and I'll check!

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'