Can Windows 98SE run on an Intel I7 with SATA hard drives?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Jan 28 13:25:59 CST 2016

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016, Liam Proven wrote:
> Exactly. I think it can't handle >512MB and it *definitely* can't do
> multicore. It's pointless. It's buying a new car and putting
> roller-skate wheels on it... because you're used to skates.

"Modern" car wheels look like wagon wheels to me.

Want some skates?
Why struggle with getting 98 going on "modern" hardware, when I would love
to give my mother's Win98SE e-machines with monitor, etc. to anybody who
will take it away.        Berkeley, CA
Please do NOT ask me to ship it!  (OK, I will ship it for $200)
Owned since new by a little old lady (recently deceased) who didn't go to
church on Sundays, but, other than taking my internet class, never liked
computers.    466MHz Celeron,5X DVD,8.4G drive,64M RAM, 56K modem!
It still has all of the original marketing stickers on its face, including
the one claiming "This computer is NEVER OBSOLETE" (pushing their internet
access, and a replacement machine every 2 years for $99 "Some restrictions
apply")

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com