Introduction and RK05J Drive cabling

Joshua Stetson saburwulf at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 18:23:18 CST 2016

> Also be careful of the air plenum, may of them are very fragile now and if
> it gets cracked you are in a hard spot. And also if the foam is compressing
> too much it will not make a good deal with the bottom of the pack.

This one looks like it's in really good condition, but I have read about
those issues. I'm just going to monitor it closely when initially mounting
packs to verify the seals and integrity. As much as I hate to do so, I know
it's common to run these without the top cover on for calibration purposes.
Any tips for that? Maybe a piece of plexiglas over the heads to avoid any
potential dust or should I not worry too much?

> The other thing to be aware of is the emergency head retract batteries are
> toast and should be replaced with a 3.6v NiCd pack, that way if the power
> fails you don't trash a pack.

This is also on my list of things to do. Is there anyway to test this
function without using a pack to verify it after replaced?