VAXology

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Mon Jan 18 15:15:43 CST 2016

VAXCINATION     A "preventive training" provided to potential
                 users of the VAX system to prevent software
                 foul-ups other than deliberate.

VAX-RAY         A high-energy screening to determine whether a
                 user is qualified to have a VAX I/O station on
                 his floor.

VAXWAGEN        What everyone jumps on after the VAX is approved

VAXING AND      VAXING is the successful use of the VAX during
WAILING         the full moon. Wailing is the less successful
                 alternative during the other lunar phases.

VAXMAS          The day the VAX come in.

VAXCILLATE      To oscillate between possible ways to administer
                 VAX training.

VAXCIMILE       A German copy of the VAX.

VAXECUTION      The denial to a user of future access to the VAX.

NO VAX TO       A put-down administered to those withour a dial-up
GRIND           line, and hence no acces to the VAX, as in "Infidel!
                 Let that terminal alone! You have no VAX to grind!"

VAX AND THE SINGLE GIRL  A relationship with much potential.

VAXI! VAXI!     A cry heard and unheeded by cruising VAX personnel
                 as they go around the corridors, hailed by frantic
                 users-to-be who desire a high-tech ride on the VAX.

AVAX            A low-flying VAX with radar.

VAXTENUATING    The generic excuse used to explain delays in the
CIRCUMSTANCES   delivery of the VAX.

VAXCENTUATE     To underline the importance of the VAX.

VAXTERMINATION  The perennial zapping of mysterious files from the
                 VAX.

VAXCINE         An abbreviation for "I have seen the VAX!"

VEDI, VENI,     That victory cry - "I saw, I conquered. The VAX
VAXI            came!"

VAXERCISE       An early morning workout on the VAX.

VAXUUM          A computer room without a VAX. Abhorred by nature.

VAXIMUM         Keeping silent to the max about the startup of the
                 VAX.

VAX POPULI      The users.

VAX BUILDUP     The result of not using the file delete command
                 often enough.

VAXACHUSETTS    DEC country.

INCOME VAX      What one shouts when the VAX is delivered.

VAX-FREE BOND   A special relationship with a non-VAX computer on
                 Wall Street.

THE BLUE VAX    World War I medal honoring high-powered computing.
                 Also (modern): A VAX made by Smurfs.

VAXIMA          The height of ecstasy reached while computing on
                 VAX. Also (archaic): Mother of VAX.

VAXIS           What the world of computers rotates on.

GRODY TO THE VAX  Like, y'know, the VAX in the valley fer shure!

VAX-CARS        What G.M. doesn't make.

VAXICDENT       The spilling of coffee on a VAX terminal.

VAXONERATED     The honor of DEC.

VAXLE           That to which the wheels of the VAX are attached.

VAXIDERMIST     One who lives by the dictum "You can take the VAX
                 and stuff it!"

THE VAX OF      Everything you ever wanted to know about the birds
LIFE            and the bees (and the bugs in the VAX).

VAX             Long-haired northern cousins of the buffalo, used
                 as beasts of burden in Tibet.

TO VAX ELOQUENT  The act of preparing a glossary for the VAX.

g.