Non-baking cure for sticky shed?

Lee Courtney leec2124 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:39:07 CST 2016

Mattis et al,

I also ran across this info, here are links to the article and related
material:

Paper:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/edgts703ycr1j7l/The_new__non-baking__cure_for_.PDF?dl=0
Correction:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/57vgollh4b8im5j/Correction___clarification.PDF?dl=0
Patent: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytkai85qiqny9oj/US6797072.pdf?dl=0

Appears that the inventor has a commercial entity to process tapes with
sticky shed syndrome:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i22eh95id3bus22/Rezerex%20Process.pdf?dl=0

I have no connection with this person, just found this info researching
sticky tapes. Sounds like there has been an independent assessment done of
the technique WRT to audio tapes. Would be interesting to know if if his
technique has been applied to data tapes.

One thing I don't understand is does removing the backing from the tape
(which seems to be the heart of this technique) degrade the mechanical
integrity of the tape? I'm not a chemist or mechanical engineer so have no
idea.

HTH...

Lee Courtney

--