Non-baking cure for sticky shed?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 05:02:12 CST 2016

I was trying to archive a bunch of 8 inch floppy disks. Everything was well
until I tried an Inmac brand disk. It had severe sticky shed problems.
Since it was a non-important disk it wasn't that bad. Baking might solve
the problem so before continuing with the rest of the Inmac branded disks
with more valuable content I searched internet for knowhow on baking.

Then I found this article
https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-359998950/the-new-non-baking-cure-for-sticky-shed-tapes-how
on a cure for the sticky shed without baking the tape.

I haven't read the article in ARSC since I am not a member. But maybe
someone knows what this is about?

/Mattis