Archiving CP/M 2.2 Source Code Programs to a PC (Fat or NTFS media)

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Jan 15 11:40:54 CST 2016

On 01/15/2016 08:09 AM, Robo58 wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have many diskettes worth of CP/M 2.2 assembler source code and programs
> that I'd like to archive in the PC environment.  I'm worried that my media
> is degrading and I want to move it before it's too late.
>
> The media is mostly 8" SD or DD, there are also some 5.25" HD diskettes too.
>
> I have the original hardware and can view the media and run the programs.
>
> I'm looking for suggestions on how to move it to the PC environment.

Got a console serial port on the CP/M system?  You should be
able to use a program like Kermit to suck up the files.
Probably log a file list, edit the file list to only have
source files, and then you can get that into Kermit to make
the CP/M system type out the files, and Kermit will log them
to individual files.  I've never done this, but I think
kermit was specially designed to make this easy to do.

I'm guessing a few other terminal programs have the same
sort of capability to run scripts to send commands to a
foreign OS and log the result.

Jon