shim - WAS:::Re: Xenosoft in New Haven CT?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Feb 26 22:23:49 CST 2016

> Was just looking over your shim application briefly.

> Just curious, as I see the README.linux note, what OS was your shim
> application built for and ran on?

NetBSD.  I forget which version - given the timeframe and fuzzy memory,
I'd guess 4.something.  But I think it should work on most NetBSD
versions; I run 1.4T, 4.0.1, and 5.2, and have developed coding habits
to make my code run on all of them.  (While I have a nontrivial number
of tweaks to each, I don't think the shim uses any of that; it had to
run on stock (or very nearly so - eg, maybe custom kernel) NetBSD.)

If you have issues getting it to build, let me know; I have some
experience persuading my software to build under various "foreign"
environments.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org