OK, one more question about sending email TO an old VAX

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Thu Feb 25 11:43:03 CST 2016

On 02/24/2016 10:48 PM, Richard Loken wrote:
>  the gods have decreed that we will be on Office365
> by the end of March
They moved us to this at work last year, it is so awful I
can't believe it!
The web portal takes minutes to bring up a page, and the
interface is so ghastly, I could not learn how to use it.

I use the IMAP interface to it, and store everything that it
lets me locally with Thunderbird, but it is STILL really
slow and unreliable.  First thing every day, I open
Thunderbird, and it takes about 5 MINUTES to download the 5
or so messages that I have. Sending a single mail message
never takes less than 30 seconds, and often stalls for
minutes.  It IS working better than right after the
changeover, but I can't believe most users aren't up to the
torches and pitchforks stage.  Thank GOD I don't have to
deal with this abomination from home.

Jon